Pray that we may agonize in prayer for the people we work with. Acts 9:2
Pray that workers would be burdened for prayer.
· Pray for repentance. 2 Chronicles 7:14 and for a broken heart for the workers.
· Pray for brokenness. Pray that The Lord would purge us so that He can use us to be a blessing to our friends during this month.
· Pray that the Lord would let the true seekers see visions of the living Christ.
· Pray that the Lord would increase our faith to believe in His promises; that His word will accomplish the purpose for which it has been sent.
· Pray for truth encounters. That they may know the truth and the truth shall set them free.
For the past week during Ramadan, CRIDEM has been publishing a really interesting series of articles: "A L'heure de la Rupture..." profiling several different Mauritanian "celebrities" as well as some ordinary families and their lifestyles, and how they break the Ramadan fast. It gives a really good glimpse into Mauritanian culture and different quartiers of Nouakchott. If you read French, I highly recommend skimming these - but even if you don't read French, the pictures are interesting! Here are the links:
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645296 (chez l’artiste plasticienne Amy Sow)
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645350 (chez le directeur de la Maison des Cinéastes (MdC), Abderrahmane Ahmed Salem)
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645375 (chez le président du parti politique El Wiam, Boydiel Ould Houmeid )
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645409 (chez la chanteuse Loubaba Mint Meïdah)
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645447 (a family in Kouva)
http://www.cridem.org/C_Info.php?article=645491 (a family in Arafat)
PRAYER REQUEST. We'd like to encourage people to read and pray through Ezekial 37:1-10 (the valley of the dry bones). The Lord strongly impressed this passage on my heart the first day of Ramadan, and has been leading me to pray this Ramadan for the existing believers and fellowship groups here - many of which seem "dead" at least by outward appearance. God is giving me faith to pray for revival and new life, even among these dry bones! Here are a few prayer points from this passage:
1) PRAY that God would stir up greater faith in our hearts, that we would TRUST God that He is sovereign and that He CAN bring the dry bones to life - nothing is impossible with Him. (verse 3)
2) PRAY that those here who are dry and cut off from the Lord would indeed "Hear the Word of the Lord" - that is the first and ESSENTIAL step. Without that they cannot come back to life. (verse 4)
3) PRAY that neither we nor they would mistake outward structures (meetings... activities) [tendons, flesh] for true Spiritual life that only comes from the breath of God inside of them by His Spirit. (verse 8).
4) CRY OUT for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, that He would come and fill these dry bones with His breath, that they might live for the Lord's glory and proclaim His resurrection! (verse 9-10)